CCI Inc. (CCI) has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Planner, Fisheries Biologist whose primary focus will be to carry out fish population surveys, habitat assessments and water quality monitoring of energy development, transportation and utility construction projects. We are looking for someone with direct experience in a similar role.
Calgary or Cochrane, Alberta.
CCI has become a leader in environmental planning for energy, transportation and industrial developments in western Canada. The following are the responsibilities for this position:
- Conduct fish populations and habitat assessments in the role of Qualified Aquatic Environment Specialist (QAES) as defined under Alberta’s Codes of Practice;
- Conduct pre-construction aquatic assessments;
- Conduct environmental monitoring by providing QAES input during pipeline, road and utility crossing installations;
- Collect water samples and prepare TSS/NTU relationship analysis and reports;
- Conduct water quality monitoring during instream and trenchless pipeline construction activities;
- Conduct fish salvage and release programs during construction;
- Conduct reclamation and bank restoration projects at waterbody crossings;
- Prepare aquatic assessment reports, Environmental Construction Operations Plans and Environmental Protection Plans;
- Prepare Code of Practice Notifications, Federal Request for Review submissions and other regulatory applications;
- Prepare regulatory applications and lead/assist in regulatory permitting process and approvals;
- Work with our engineers to provide aquatic data to assist with pipeline crossings and development of road crossing structures; and
- Liaise with clients, construction personnel and regulators.
- M.Sc., B.Sc. in biology or related field (or equivalent diploma with experience) with aquatic assessment related experience in Alberta;
- Experience in the role of QAES with detailed knowledge of aquatic environments and mitigation measures;
- Professional Biologist (P.Biol.) or equivalent;
- Experience in the role of water quality monitor, with preference for individuals with pipeline and road crossings experience;
- Knowledge of Alberta environmental regulatory requirements as it pertains to oil and gas projects;
- Experience operating ATV, boat, and other field equipment;
- Experience loading and towing trailers, and driving 4 x 4 trucks;
- Certified Crew Supervisor Backpack Electrofishing;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Valid Alberta Drivers License; and
- Professional demeanor.
Other Assets (Skills & Training):
- Experienceconducting or assistingwithotherbiologicalsurveys is an asset;
- Experience using various software, including Word, Excel and ArcGIS;
- Knowledge of Esri-based field and office products;
- Technicalwriting; and
- Safety training courses required to work in Alberta.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
Reporting to the Planning and Permitting Manager, this position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of environmental professionals and grow your career into project management and business development.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan;
- CCI supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues;
- This position will require approximately 40% office and 60% fieldwork, and some travel is to be expected; and
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. We work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com