CCI Inc. (CCI) has an immediate opening for a full-time Geotechnical Engineer. This position is responsible for acting in a field and site office capacity assisting the pipeline contractor to comply with owner requirements and specifications as well as identification and geotechnical risk management. On successful completion of the field scope, the candidate may transition into an office/field-based role out of our main head offices.
This Position is based out of our Edmonton, Calgary, or Vancouver Office.
- Field Work (Site office)
- Office as required
- Full-time Permanent role.
- Support development of Stripping and Grading Plans for pipeline construction.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of Stripping and Grading Plans, grade profile deviation requests, grade plan layouts and field changes.
- Assess excavation plans for geotechnical safety.
- Conduct assessment of rock stability, inspecting degree of jointing around blasting and mucking activities to ensure geotechnical safety.
- Evaluate, design and implement site-specific solutions for geotechnical concerns associated with construction safety and terrain stability.
- Leadanddecide on mitigationsforgeohazardconditionsalongthepipelinealignment
- Perform any data collection required to support design.
- Coordinate with owner representatives and engineering teams .
- Minimum of 7 years of geotechnical consulting experience, with 4 years or more directly related experience to pipeline geotechnics and geohazard assessments.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia (EGBC).
- Familiarity with pipeline construction methods required.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in many types of engineering projects. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of innovative systems through collaboration among many different professionals.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan;
- CCI supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues;
- This position will require both office and field work
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume with a subject of “Geotechnical Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org