We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team as a Health & Safety Inspector. This is a combination of both office and field work.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Health & Safety Lead, the Health & Safety Inspector is a field‐based role supporting Health & Safety as well as Construction Management/Project Management personnel in delivering safe project performance.
- Measures whether contractors are adhering to requirements, safeguards identified in various documents (PSSP, SSERP, DPP, TCP, regulations, SWPs, specifications, manufacturer’s instructions, etc.)
- Document results in daily inspection reports, focus inspections, and preventative action reports (PAR)
- Responsible for cascading and integrating Health & Safety direction into field activities
- Appropriately escalate key Health & Safety issues to Health & Safety leadership and Construction Management
- Other H&S duties as assigned by the Health & Safety Lead
Required Knowledge & Qualifications
- Competent and knowledgeable in using HS work tools: TAS, ISN, Sharepoint, PARs, Enablon/CAPA item tracker, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional Health & Safety Designation (CSP, CRSP, CMIOSH) (Minimum of 5 years’ experience) or;
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) (Minimum of 10 years’ experience) or;
- Degree or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (Minimum of 5 years’ experience).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Health & Safety related position
- Experience in supporting field‐based resource activities
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org