This position is based out of our Houston Office.
CCI and Associates Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in the fields of Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, specialized pullhead design, operation and installation stress modelling, as well as other trenchless methods such as Direct Pipe.
Summary of Position
CCI & Associates Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented and driven Intermediate Civil Design/Drafting Technologist to join our Drafting team in our Houston Office.
- Providetechnicalassistanceandsupport to otherdepartmentpersonnel
- Produce, check and revise drawings for various Engineering, Geotechnical, and other 2D and 3D projects
- Refer to databases, network and other sources to ensure all relevant information is included
- Review and implement multiple client drafting specifications
- Provide and accept comments on projects to ensure a high level of competency throughout the drafting process
- Participate in the maintenance and improvement of drafting standards
- Check drawings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology
- 2-5 years’ experience in the use of mapping software (i.e. Google Earth, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Map 3D, Global Mapper, etc.)
- Experience in pipeline design preferred
- Experience in trenchless design (HDD / Direct Pipe / Conventional Bores) a significant asset
- ExperiencewithLiDAR, DEM’sandSatelliteImagery
- Knowledge of CoordinateSystemsandProjections
- Workingknowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max or othervisualizationsoftware
- ExperiencepreparingPlan & Profiledrawings
- Strongcomputerskillsandknowledge of AutoCADCivil 3D andMicrosoftExcel
- Stronganalytical, communicationandorganizationskills
- Strongattention to detail
- Able to workcollaborativelywithinprojectteams to producequalitydeliverables in an efficientmanner
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner and under tight deadlines
Nature of Work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com