Construction Project Manager
July 26, 2019
This Position is based out of our Edmonton Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
The successful candidate must have contracts and multi-disciplinary experience in pipeline construction management, with high attention to detail, excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a lead in this area. The Construction Project Manager will work under the direction of the Vice President, Construction along with the other departments for their area(s) of assignment.
- Work with existing clients to increase awareness about CCI capabilities regarding the Engineering, Environmental and Geotechnical divisions’ capabilities (EPP, etc.)
- Work closely with Engineering, Environmental and Geotechnical operations to ensure effective and professional services
- Provide continuing support for all our clients, including going to see clients at their office during difficult or challenging times during the crossing and being able to discuss the issues and mitigation plan
- Contract preparation and evaluation
- Provide ongoing communications with clients to ensure that the level of services being performed by CCI is meeting expectations
- Ensure that all CCI prequalification document requirements are submitted to our clients for MSA Agreement upon request
- Provide client feedback to CCI management based on the evaluation of the services provided and recommendations for improvement
- Provide feedback on potential new business opportunities that could benefit CCI
- Provide leadership to CCI Inc. staff and contractors, and be available to help with problem solving
- Address any concerns and requirements of our subcontractors
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Influence and/or lead contractor management to meet cost, scope, schedule, quality, safety and environment objectives via various means inclusive of routing site and head office meetings, negotiations, planning exercises, etc.
- Proven working experience in oilfield related project management
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of professional contracts or business-related experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge in proposal preparation, risk identification and negotiations
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org