Forestry Division Operations Manager
May 3, 2019
This Position is based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary consulting firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Reclamation and Reforestation. Operating since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in linear development through project planning, environmental planning, construction execution and post-construction monitoring.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
CCI Inc. provides a range of resource management services to a variety of clients throughout Alberta. We are seeking a senior forestry professional to join our forest resource management team and lead our team in the areas of caribou habitat restoration, timber salvage planning, GIS, silviculture, forest management, FireSmart and a variety of activities within the utility and oil and gas sectors.
- Recruit, train and manage performance of staff
- Maintain knowledge of applicable Forestry Legislation
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Manage the forestry budget and oversee all current and upcoming workloads
- Participate in business development activities for the business unit
- Coordinate and oversee multiple staff and projects
- Manage the government submission and approval of harvesting permits, silviculture plans and records for our clients
- Act as the company liaison between Oil and Gas Clients, Forest Industry Companies and Government Agencies (both in AB and BC)
- Conduct market analysis, timber valuation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry or related field
- 3+ years’ supervisory experience
- 10+ years’ forestry experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Self driven, strong leader that wants to make a difference in the industry
- Safety conscious
- Strong educational, technical and operational background in forestry
- Ability to plan and coordinate resources
- Cost orientated
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and is adaptive
- Strong knowledge of applicable forestry and safety legislation
Nature of Work:
- Office and field work
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org