August 26, 2019
This position can be based out of our Calgary or Cochrane offices.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
We’re looking for a GIS genius that can help push the boundaries of what is possible in geospatial analysis. You are a life-long learner and early adopter of technology that not only know their way around a keyboard, but also has an eye for design and can produce high quality visual products for our clients.
The products you will be creating will have a positive impact on the environment by helping our clients make the right decisions in the field! Work on projects that help with caribou habitat reclamation, reforestation, water quality protection and minimizing the human footprint on the landscape.
Reporting to our Geomatics Technology Manager, you will have the opportunity to hone your education and learn from a diverse team of GIS, environmental and engineering professionals.
- Create, update and manage geospatial data layers using documented standards.
- Create maps and map templates for clients across the organization to support GIS needs.
- Design, acquire, construct, enhance and implement GIS application, data stores and interfaces. This includes consolidating all existing CCI data sets into our geomatics system.
- Participate in development and maintenance of processes, tools, methodologies and automation processes required to support our business.
- Deliver assigned GIS project deliverables on time and on budget.
- Always grow your skillset and apply new technologies to provide the best results for clients.
- Ensure quality control, job organization and tracking of plans to completion.
- Work with clients and project team to determine project scopes, budget, schedule and deliverables.
- Build relationships with clients and help CCI grow our business.
- Responsible for management and quality of map production, GIS datasets and Alignment Sheets.
- Organize and manage GIS datasets, collect, manipulate, analyze and present spatial information throughout daily operations.
- Display the attributes that CCI values (teammate, eagerness to learn, takes initiative, versatility, ambitious).
- Related degree, diploma or certificate.
- Proficiency with the Esri suite of products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, Collector and Survey123.
- Pipeline and other linear type projects with the understanding of Alignment Sheet generators (Lightning, Sheet cutter) would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with coding languages (Python, VBA, SQL) or the capacity to learn.
- Environmental work experience and/or education.
- The desire to automate processes to make our company more efficient.
- Understanding of point cloud data and how it can be analyzed.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and asset, but not a requirement.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com