Junior Geomatics Engineer
June 4, 2021
Junior Geomatics Engineer (Specializing in Geology)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Geology Group.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for undertaking some field and office work, related to geological mapping and use of ArcGIS. Duties will include assisting the geotechnical engineering team with mapping services and upkeeping with the latest ArcGIS.
- Mapping using ArcGIS and background review for geotechnical and geological projects including:
- Terrain Mapping
- Geohazard Assessment
- Calculations within ArcGIS
- Database and Webapp management
- Watercourse and Flood Mapping
- Perform installation of geotechnical instrumentation in the field and assist with data analysis
- Field visits and surveys
- Data entry and documentation quality control
- Meeting project deadlines and quality requirements
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees
- Working towards or has completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Geomatics Engineering, with an interest in the geological/geotechnical engineering specialization
- Working towards registration as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T) in Alberta (APEGA)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software and application to ArcGIS
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record
Nature of Work
- Office and field
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com