Junior Geotechnical Engineer
March 15, 2019
This is a casual position based out of our Edmonton office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
This casual position is responsible for undertaking primarily field work, with the possibility of some office work, related to geotechnical instrumentation and investigation activities. Duties will include field surveying of monitoring monuments for settlement assessment during trenchless construction, supervision of geotechnical drilling/sampling, data analyses, report/memo preparation in the field with the possibility of assisting with the preparation of other project documents.
- Act as site engineer representative, reporting to a Geotechnical Engineer, by performing site surveys using total station or other instrumentation to monitor settlement during trenchless construction projects.
- Act as site engineer to monitor pile installation programs.
- Perform geotechnical drilling/sampling (as the Ground Disturbance Supervisor) using solid/hollow stem auger, mud/air rotary, ODEX and coring techniques; for ground-supported (truck or track-mounted) and/or helicopter-supported drilling programs.
- Ability to perform simple laboratory analysis including sample classification, Atterberg limit testing, moisture content determination and grain size analysis testing.
- Perform installation of geotechnical instrumentation and assist with data analysis and some reporting.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Geotechnical consulting experience is a strong asset for the position.
- Experience related directly to pipeline geotechnics, slope stability and instrumentation will be considered a strong asset.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering and design. Graduate degree (Masters) in geotechnical engineering would be an asset, but not required.
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta (APEGA).
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Be able to travel to remote locations and spend extended periods of time in the field.
Nature of Work:
- Primarily field work, with the possibility of office time.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org