Regulatory and Aquatics Specialist
August 12, 2021
Regulatory and Aquatics Specialist
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Environmental Division based out of our Calgary, Edmonton and Cochrane Office with ability to work remotely from home and in the field when required.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads, and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
Reporting to the General Manager – Environmental Services, this position is responsible for conducting field visits to complete aquatic habitat assessments, perform fish salvage and execute water quality monitoring programs. Position will be responsible for office work including completing environmental and regulatory reviews and environmental management plans, submitting regulatory applications and reports such as fish loading forms. Field and office time is expected to be split 50:50. The available position is open for subcontractor or casual employees.
- Assist with project scoping and/or coordination.
- Provide advice to project management and project personnel regarding fish and fish habitat potential effects, assessments, permitting and reporting.
- Ability to obtain FRL licences or equivalent and submit subsequent fisheries information. Write aquatic habitat assessment for watercourse crossings and complete required approvals or notifications. Ability to submit DFO’s request for review and Transport Canada’s Notice of Work.
- Field work within Alberta, Saskatchewan, and BC. Field work may include aquatic habitat assessments and fish salvage.
- Prepare and submit approval applications to the AER and AEP. Applications may include but are not limited to Water Act approvals and notifications and TDLs. Additional regulatory support may include input into Enhanced Approval Applications, TFA/RTF and Historical Resource Act Clearances.
- Prepare and submit approval applications to the BCOGC. Be familiar with the OGC’s AMS and Kermit Systems for regulatory applications and reporting.
- Regulatory compliance and reporting. Develop Water Crossing Environmental Protection Plans for watercourse crossing projects. Familiar with federal and provincial regulations.
- Ability to review project documents for compliance. Ability to complete field inspections to oversee implementation of project Environmental Protection Plans, fish salvage plans, water quality monitoring plans, and to mitigate and provide advice regarding adaptive management.
- Familiar with AER’s Incident Reporting Guidelines including the regulations for HDD surface mud/drilling fluid releases, both in an aquatic and terrestrial environment.
- Assist with project reporting for a variety of requirements (i.e., fish salvage reporting, water quality monitoring and post construction reporting).
- Act as a liaison with local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Advise construction personnel on major decisions such as courses of action to deal with unexpected environmental and construction conditions.
- Monitor compliance with applicable environmental requirements and commitments relevant to pipeline construction and operations.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in natural sciences
- Field experience with in-stream works including fish salvage, flow measurement, and water quality monitoring a requirement
- Aquatic Habitat Assessment and Wetland Classification experience a requirement
- Familiar with Federal and Provincial legislation in Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC
- Must be extremely organized and be able to prioritize workload
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be cooperative and work well in a team environment
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org