Silviculture & Reforestation Specialist
May 13, 2019
This Position is based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary consulting firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Reclamation and Reforestation. Operating since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in linear development through project planning, environmental planning, construction execution and post-construction monitoring.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
CCI Inc. provides a range of resource management services to a variety of clients throughout Alberta. We are seeking a forestry professional to join our forest resource management team, with opportunities to work in the silviculture, forest management, FireSmart, forest protection, utility and oil & gas sectors.
Reporting directly to the Silviculture & Reforestation Coordinator, this position is a combination of both field and office and provides a very challenging workload. This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide continued support to our clients
- Familiar with all aspects of silviculture management (tree planting supervision, site preparation, stocking, establishment and performance surveys, vegetation management etc.)
- Ability to complete or supervise fieldwork services (i.e. regulatory surveys, tree planting, site assessments etc.) as required
- Work with the Silviculture & Reforestation Coordinator to complete pipeline reforestation, caribou mitigation planning etc.
- Participate in timber salvage planning projects including site assessment, mapping and reporting needs
- Provide ongoing communications with clients to ensure that the level of services being performed by CCI is meeting or exceeding expectations
- Involved in environmental meetings as required
- Additional services as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Discipline mandatory
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with AAFMP (CAPF or CAPFT)
- Knowledge of Alberta Establishment and Performance Surveys
- Field experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Intermediate working knowledge with ArcGIS
- Familiar with GPS units (Garmin’s, Recon’s, Trimble units)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to details is required
- Experience with pipeline reforestation and caribou mitigation planning an asset
- Willingness to work in various locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan
- Valid Alberta Drivers License, vehicle insurance & registration, 4×4 truck, $5 million General Liability, Standard First Aid & CPR, ATV Safety Training and H2S Alive
- Will be required to obtain defensive driving, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
- Ability to work independently in the field
Nature of Work:
- Field and Office work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org