CCI Inc. (CCI) has an immediate opening for a full-time Environmental Planner, Wetland Specialist whose primary focus will be to carry out wetland surveys, regulatory applications and related reports. The Wetland Specialist will fulfill the role of a Qualified Wetland Science Practitioner (QWSP) who has taken ABWRET, Wetland Policy, and Wetland Delineation courses. Individuals working towards a QWSP designation will be considered. We are looking for someone with direct experience in a similar role.
Calgary or Cochrane, Alberta.
CCI has become a leader in environmental planning for energy, transportation and industrial developments in western Canada. The following are the responsibilities for this position:
- Conduct pre-construction site assessments;
- Participate in other biological surveys;
- Monitor construction activities in environmentally sensitive areas;
- Compile, input and analyze biological data;
- Prepare biological reports;
- Prepare construction recommendation reports and Environmental Protection Plans;
- Prepare regulatory documentation and notification;
- Prepare regulatory applications and lead/assist in regulatory permitting process and approvals;
- Prepare monitoring reports;
- Prepare maps, figures, tables;
- Assist with other environmental planning duties;
- Manage environmental components of energy and transportation projects;
- Review, manageandcompileallprojectdocumentation; and
- Liaise with clients, construction personnel and regulators.
- Qualified as a QWSP with experience in collecting data and completing Wetland Assessment and Impact Forms (WAIF) and Reports (WAIR);
- Meet the requirements to authenticate the forms and reports; and
- Experience using the Alberta Wetland Rapid Evaluation Tool – Actual (ABWRET-A).
- M.Sc., B.Sc. in biology or related field (or equivalent diploma with experience) with wetland assessment related experience in Alberta;
- Professional Biologist (P.Biol) with the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists or equivalent;
- Experience in the role of QWSP with detailed knowledge of wetland classification and mitigation measures;
- Knowledge of Alberta Environmental regulatory requirements as it pertains to energy and transportation projects;
- Experience loading and towing trailers, and driving ATVs and 4 x 4 trucks;
- Valid Alberta Drivers License; and
- Professional demeanor.
Other Assets (Skills & Training):
- Experience conducting or assisting with other biological surveys is an asset;
- Experience using various software, including Word, Excel and ArcGIS;
- Knowledge of Esri-based field and office products;
- Technicalwriting; and
- Safety training courses required to work in Alberta.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
Reporting to the Planning and Permitting Manager, this position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of environmental professionals and grow your career into project management and business development.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan;
- CCI supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues;
- This position will require approximately 70% office and 30% fieldwork, and some travel is to be expected; and
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com