The Facility Engineer is responsible for the successful completion of technical pipeline and facility designs, project deliverables, and related documents. Lead technical designs, conduct calculations, draft documents, generate and/or review engineering work in accordance with industry and CCI Inc.’s codes and standards. Projects may range from small scale integrity upgrades to full scope pipeline and facility designs and technical construction support. This is a junior to intermediate level position, and the incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Project Managers and Pipeline & Facilities Manager.
This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of engineering professionals and grow your career into technical positions, project management, and business development.
Calgary or Edmonton Office. This role is primarily office based but candidate must have the ability for intermittent travel to various job sites when needed.
- Execute Pipeline and Facility Engineering and Design.
- Projects may include mechanical engineering design, integrity replacements, riser sites, valve replacements, pigging stations, metering sites, ect., across LVP, HVP, and Gas services.
- Assist with the completion of various project deliverables (engineering calculations, engineered drawings, specifications and datasheets, evaluation of technical feasibility, process design, pipeline systems optimization)
- Develop and review plot plans, process, and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), line designation tables (LDTs), 3D models, and mechanical drawings.
- Develop and review design basis memorandums (DBM’s); cost estimates; project schedules; mechanical engineering design; materials assessment and selection; equipment sizing, specifications and datasheets; equipment and material requests for quotes, evaluation and award; project cost management; quality control, technical coordination with various engineering disciplines, holding project review meetings and progress update meetings.
- Liaison between engineering disciplines and managed third-party contractors.
- Assist in development of cost estimates, project schedule, and scope of work packages.
- Quality control and checking.
- Technical coordination with various disciplines, both internal and external.
- Maintain and grow a working knowledge of the applicable design codes and standards including CSA Z662, ASME B31.3/4/8, ect.
- Assist with business development proposals and studies as required, including occasional presentations or attendance at industry conferences.
- Occasional travel to site for, information gathering, as-building, pipeline route walkdowns, commissioning activities or troubleshooting tasks.
- Assist in developing and standardizing templates and commonly issued project documents/calculations to improve overall efficiency of the company’s operations.
- Maintain consistent involvement with Project Managers to ensure overall coverage of projects is in place.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an Accredited University (Mechanical preferred)
- Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGA (additional PE licencing considered an asset
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge in piping codes (CSA, ASME, API)
- Knowledge in design of gas and liquids pipeline & facility systems
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities
- Quality and Safety oriented mindset
Other Assets (Skills & Training)
- AutoCAD, Excel, PipeFlo, AutoPIPE software knowledge.
- Technical writing skills.
- Professional licensure with other provincial associations (EGBC, PEO, etc.) is a benefit.
- Safety training courses required to work in the field in Alberta and BC is a benefit. On the job training will be provided as needed.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline, facility, trenchless, construction, geotechnical, and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the tenth year in a row. We have also recently expanded our footprint by merging with Geoterra Integrated Resource Solutions in British Columbia. Now is the best time to join our winning team!
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan.
- CCI offers RRSP matching and long-term employee retention programs.
- CCI supports our employees with professional training and development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to advance your career within CCI’s Group of Companies.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org