This is an opportunity for casual work throughout the summer term. The Forestry Assistant Summer Student is an ideal opportunity for an entry level forestry position for a motivated individual, keen on developing a career in the industry. However, candidates looking for only seasonal work are encouraged to apply as well, as a mutually agreeable term may be identified.
These positions are based out of Geoterra’s offices in Prince George and Kimberly available to start in May 2024 and will primarily start with one-on-one training as an assistant timber cruiser, and will engage with other projects as well.
Applicants with any level of working forestry experience are encouraged to apply. For candidates with more experience and capacity, different roles with higher compensation are available.
Prince George and Kimberly, BC (Fernie or Cranbrook)
- Opportunity to be exposed to a large diversirty of field based forestry activites such as cruising, layout, silvicultures, riparian and ecosystem assessments
- Geoterra has an industry-leading, extended health and benefits plan.
- Company RRSP matching program.
- Health spending accounts.
- Personal field gear allowance.
- Geoterra supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- Flexible field schedules.
- Crews and trucks are well-equipped.
- This position will be primarily fieldwork including some travel and working out-of-town, and may involve or develop into office work as well.
- Geoterra pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem while away from home.
- Assisting with timber cruising and timber investigations;
- Assist in cutblock, road layout and assessments
- Assist with the riparian and ecosystem assessments;
- Data collection and entry;
- Additional adhoc assistance requirements needed by the supervisor;
- OFA Level 1
- Positive attitude, highly organized, eagerness to learn, and a team player.
- Basic outdoor skills and general fitness.
- Willingness to work in remote locations in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work 8-12 hours/day (including over-time pay).
- Willingness to work extended shifts and stay out-of-town for work, although this job will generally be Monday-Friday from home.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Geoterra Integrated Resource Systems Ltd. a part of CCI Group of Companies is a leader in providing technical expertise and information within the industry, and we pride ourselves on providing safe, efficient, and effective services.
Geoterra prides itself on its ability to offer staff a positive working environment with many opportunities for staff to grow and become an integral part of our environmental services team. Self-reliant and motivated individuals will find that Geoterra offers excellent opportunities for advancement and career growth, as well as industry-leading wages.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Geoterra - Forestry Assistant Summer Student" to firstname.lastname@example.org