This position is responsible for undertaking field and office work, related to geotechnical engineering as well as field investigation and instrumentation activities. Duties will include field supervision of geotechnical drilling/sampling, data analyses, and assisting with the preparation of project proposals and geotechnical Engineering and reports. As well, the successful candidate would assist our engineering department by applying geotechnical engineering principals to pipeline, foundation and other projects associated with a variety of industries.
This Position is based out of our Houston Office.
- Supervise and manage, as well as perform geotechnical drilling/sampling (as the Ground Disturbance Supervisor) using solid/hollow stem auger, mud/air rotary and coring techniques; for ground-supported (truck or track-mounted) projects. Field work as required.
- Undertake site visits, as required to assess drilling equipment access to planned borehole locations.
- Perform installation of geotechnical instrumentation and assist with data analysis and reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of geotechnical reports for foundation or pipeline related projects.
- Assist with geotechnical analysis and design pertaining to facilities (pump stations, compressor stations, valve sites, etc.), in terms of foundation design and overall site development.
- Provide previous knowledge and contribute to projects where slope stability (rock and soil) assessment is required and provide technical insight for implementing solutions.
- Manage geotechnical scope for various projects and meet project deadlines.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Minimum of 4 years of Geotechnical Consulting experience.
- Experience related directly to pipeline geotechnics, road design, slope stability and instrumentation monitoring and installation will be considered a strong asset.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering. Graduate degree (Masters) in geotechnical would be a strong asset.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical design software packages. Familiarity and previous experience using ArcGIS considered a strong asset.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas (TBPE) and ability to register elsewhere.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, self starter, and have strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Be able to travel to remote locations and spend infrequent extended periods of time in the field (project dependent).
- Ability to review project deliverables and initiate work required to meet these deliverables.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in many types of engineering projects. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of innovative systems through collaboration among many different professionals and now is the best time to join our winning team!
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume with a subject of “Geotechnical Engineer” to email@example.com