Reporting to the Geoterra Operations Manager, this will be a full-time, salaried position supporting our divisional operations in South-east British Columbia.
We are looking for a high achiever that wants to have a positive impact on the way our natural resources are managed. You will have a diverse workload that will include clients from industry (forestry, oil and gas, mining, utilities), municipalities and Indigenous Groups. This person should be data driven, a fast adapter of technology, and able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to diverse audiences.
This is an office-based position, that will require work in the field and business travel. You will be responsible for a group of 15 staff and may include oversight subcontract staff and third party service providers (as needed).
- Deployment of staff, 3rd party subcontractors and equipment to meet client goals
- Providing mentorship and growth opportunities for staff
- Setting and evaluating performance standards for staff and subcontractors
- Developing internal processes to increase efficiency and reduce cost while scaling for significant growth
- Building relationships with potential and existing clients to help Geoterra grow our business
- Wholistically looking at Geoterra service offerings to develop new products
- Identifying communication strategies and technologies to improve collaboration and culture throughout the organization
- Identifying and providing solutions for bottlenecks in the divisional operations
- Financial analysis and evaluation to increase gross margin
- Grant and proposal writing
- Supporting Project Managers with budget management
- Quality control including field inspections
- 10 or more years experience working in the natural resource industry in British Columbia
- Basic understanding of consulting business practices
- Data driven with the ability to utilize technology to solve problems
- A science-based diploma or degree program eligible for registration with a professional association in British Columbia
- 3 or more years managing, supervising or mentoring a combination of staff and subcontractors
- Eligible for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF or RFT)
- Oil and gas industry knowledge
- Forest industry knowledge
- A history developing resource industry operational plans
- Proven ability to collaborate with Indigenous groups
- Knowledge of Esri-based GIS products and capabilities
- Leadership and communication skills and training
Geoterra & CCI Group of Companies Benefits:
As part of the CCI Group of Companies, Geoterra has established itself as a primary provider of highly qualified and experienced forestry, environment, engineering, and pipeline construction specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project. We operate with integrity and ensure our clients receive service with intention.
The Company has an industry-competitive, extended health and benefits plan and an RRSP matching plan; we support our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
Geoterra offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. With CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation.
CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the nineth year in a row. Our environment team is more than 100 people strong and our company has grown to more than 250 people.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format with the subject line "Geoterra-Division Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org