The Geoterra Forestry Assistant is a casual, seasonal opportunity, and ideal entry level forestry position for a motivated individual, keen on developing a career in the industry.
From May – September, this position is based out of Geoterra’s office in Prince George, BC. It will primarily start with one-on-one training as an assistant timber cruiser, and will engage with other projects as well.
Applicants with any level of working forestry experience are encouraged to apply. For candidates with more experience and capacity, different roles with higher compensation are available.
Prince George, British Columbia
- Geoterra has an industry-leading, extended health and benefits plan.
- Company RRSP matching program.
- Health spending accounts.
- Personal field gear allowance.
- Geoterra supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- Flexible field schedules.
- Crews and trucks are well-equipped.
- This position will be primarily fieldwork including some travel and working out-of-town, and may involve or develop into office work as well.
- Geoterra pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem while away from home.
- Assisting with timber cruising and timber investigations;
- Assist in cutblock, road layout and assessments
- Assist with the riparian and ecosystem assessments;
- Data collection and entry;
- Additional adhoc assistance requirements needed by the supervisor;
- Positive attitude, highly organized, eagerness to learn, and a team player.
- Basic outdoor skills and general fitness.
- Willingness to work in remote locations in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work 8-12 hours/day (including over-time pay).
- Willingness to work extended shifts and stay out-of-town for work, although this job will generally be Monday-Friday from home.
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Geoterra prides itself on offering staff a positive working environment with many opportunities for them to grow and become an integral part of our environmental services team. Self-reliant and motivated individuals will find that Geoterra offers excellent opportunities for advancement, career growth, and industry-leading wages.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Geoterra - Forestry Assistant - Prince George" in the subject line of the email.