Geoterra IRS is seeking qualified candidates for timber cruiser positions in the interior of British Columbia. This is a field-based position. Geoterra will pay wages and all travel expenses to one of our work locations.
- Prince George
- Fort St. John
- Fort Nelson
- This position is field-based in the Fort Nelson area.
- Full-time permanent position.
- Geoterra has a comprehensive health benefits plan.
- Full-time employees are eligible to enroll in the RRSP matching company pension plan.
- Excellent wages are available for suitable candidates
- Assisting with timber cruising and timber investigations;
- Assist in cutblock, road layout and assessments
- Assist with the riparian and ecosystem assessments;
- Data collection and entry;
- Additional adhoc assistance requirements needed by the supervisor;
- Positive attitude, highly organized, with a proven ability to learn new tasks.
- Capable of working in the field in all weather conditions.
- Flexibility, to meet our client’s needs, this position will require work some work on weekends and holidays
- Work in a team environment, both in the field and office.
- Must be able to pass a pre-access drug and alcohol test.
- H2S Alive
- Pipeline Construction Safety Training.
- OFA Level 1 (or higher) First Aid ticket.
Applicants with any level of working forestry experience are encouraged to apply. For candidates with more experience and capacity, different roles with higher compensation are available.
Geoterra prides itself on offering staff a positive working environment with many opportunities for them to grow and become an integral part of our environmental services team. Self-reliant and motivated individuals will find that Geoterra offers excellent opportunities for advancement, career growth, and industry-leading wages.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Geoterra - Forestry Field Assistant" in the subject line of the email.