Geoterra IRS is seeking qualified candidates for timber cruiser positions in the interior of British Columbia. This is a field-based position. Geoterra will pay wages and all travel expenses to one of our work locations in Cranbrook, Fort St John, Smithers, or Prince George.
- Prince George
- Fort St. John
- Fort Nelson
- Geoterra pays for all travel, accommodations, required training (tuition + hourly wage), and per-diem while away from home.
- Geoterra offers an extended health and benefits plan, and other associated benefits.
- Geoterra supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- This position is field based with mostly local work, but some out-of-town work will be required.
- This position will mostly or entirely entail timber cruising, but could involve other forestry/environmental work such as endangered species management.
- Assisting with timber cruising and timber investigations;
- Assist in cutblock, road layout and assessments
- Assist with the riparian and ecosystem assessments;
- Data collection and entry;
- Additional adhoc assistance requirements needed by the supervisor;
- Positive attitude, organized, and keen to learn!
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Preferred minimum 1 season’s experience in forestry field work.
- Level 1 first aid, S100, bear aware, and other relevant certs, also preferred.
Geoterra prides itself on its ability to offer staff a positive working environment with many opportunities for staff to grow and become an integral part of our environmental services team. Self-reliant and motivated individuals will find that Geoterra offers excellent opportunities for advancement and career growth, as well as industry-leading wages.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com