This position is responsible for managing project teams to successful completion of all project deliverables, related documents and coordination of project requirements. Assist with designs, conduct calculations, draft documents and complete cost estimates in accordance with industry and CCI Inc.’s codes and standards. Projects may range from small scale integrity upgrades to full scope pipeline and facility designs. This is an intermediate level position, and the incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Pipeline & Facilities Manager and Engineering Team.
This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of engineering professionals and grow your career into technical positions, project management, and business development.
- This position is a full-time role beginning immediately
- This role is primarily office based but candidate must have the ability for intermittent travel to various job sites when needed.
- Meeting project deadlines and quality requirements
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Assist with the completion of various project deliverables (DBM’s, cost estimates, project schedules, engineered drawings, specifications and datasheets, evaluation of construction feasibility, route evaluation and selection, process design, pipeline systems optimization)
- Quality control and checking.
- Technical coordination with various disciplines
- Maintain and grow a working knowledge of the applicable design codes and standards including CSA Z662 (latest edition), ASME B31.3, etc.
- Assist with business development proposals and studies as required
- Occasional travel to site for, information gathering, as-building, pipeline route walkdowns, commissioning activities or troubleshooting tasks
- Assist in developing and standardizing templates and commonly issued project documents/calculations to improve overall efficiency of the company’s operations
- Coordinate department resources as needed. Including 3rd Party Subcontractors and Vendors where applicable.
- Maintain consistent involvement with P & F Division Manager to ensure overall coverage of department operations is enacted.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an Accredited University
- Registered as Professional Engineer with APEGA
- 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge in piping codes (CSA, ASME, API)
- Experience in design & optimization of pipeline systems, riser sites, process flow in Oil & Gas operations considered an asset
- Experience in managing small to mid size projects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities
- Quality and Safety oriented mindset
Other Assets (Skills & Training)
- AutoCAD, Excel, PipeFlo software knowledge.
- Technical writing skills.
- Professional licensure with other provincial associations (EGBC, PEO, ect.) is a benefit.
- Safety training courses required to work in the field in Alberta and BC is a benefit. On the job training will be provided as needed.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan.
- CCI supports our employees with professional training and development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to advance your career within CCI’s Group of Companies.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. We work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org