As part of this team, the Project Scheduler is responsible for maintaining the project schedule, recording progress, and tracking change against baseline, as well proactively addressing project schedule and production issues. The role includes providing reports to key stakeholders and clients and assisting in providing alternative scenario planning.
- Manage and progress detailed resource loaded P6 project schedules.
- Maintain and revise project schedule baselines as required.
- Liaise with Construction Management Team and Project Controls Lead regarding scheduling conflicts and be able to discuss impacts of the work progress and offer resolution to problems.
- Exercise independent judgement in the selection, classification, compilation, and analysis of data obtained from a variety of sources.
- Review complex project schedules for validity, logic, and verify they meet scheduling best practices.
- Review, monitor and report on the progress of work and any problems that affect the planned production.
- Produce and maintain resource histograms and cash flow analyses in liaison with the Project Controls Lead throughout the project life cycle.
- Evaluate actual construction progress, forecast completion dates, and provide regular schedule updates with written narratives.
- Prepare and update schedule basis narratives as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of all other essential records and reports.
- Use Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling to determine the longest path and perform schedule sensitivity analyses.
- Perform Time Impact Analysis (TIA) on project schedules using total float.
- Identify and assess risks to project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Support the project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
- Participate in performance analysis and progress report preparation.
- Conduct analysis to develop what if scenarios and schedule recovery plans.
- Develop various levels of schedule hierarchy in Primavera, understanding Level I, II and III schedule needs.
- Other duties as may be required to support the objectives of the organization.
- Graduate of an applicable technical diploma program, and/or combination of education and relevant experience with a focus on Engineering, Environment or Construction Management Degree.
- 3 - 6 years of experience in a project planning role, preferably in oil and gas pipeline construction.
- Intricateknowledge of Primavera (P6) capabilitiesincludingbutnotlimited to importing/exporting, globalchanges, WorkBreakdownStructurecreation, CriticalPath
- Methodology, resource loading and monitoring, project layouts and formatting.
- Direct experience using Microsoft Project.
- Strong and proven understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and Rule of Credit application
- Experience in TILOS time-location planning software is considered an asset
- Discipline in maintaining an accurate change log, where any amendments to the Schedule are made/ required.
- Ability to work well as part of a high functioning team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to use judgment and critical thinking skills when faced with ambiguous situations.
- Proven ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to create effective solutions.
- High proficiency with analytical tools, particularly spreadsheets and application software.
- Solid knowledge of Engineering and Construction project life cycles and key activities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and maintain strong relationships across different teams, to achieve the best results and deliver the most value.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health benefits and RRSP plans;
- CCI supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues; and
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to advance your career within CCI’s Group of Companies.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. We work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com