This position is responsible for undertaking office and some field work, related to geotechnical investigation and design activities. This individual would act as a project manager for a variety of projects by managing schedule and budget. In addition, completion of technical modelling and geotechnical design, preparation of reports and data analysis/assessment is also a significant part of the role. Field duties would include field supervision of geotechnical drilling/sampling as required and site visits.
This Position is based in Office and Field (as required) from our Edmonton or Calgary office.
- Field Work (as required)
- Supervise and manage, as well as perform geotechnical drilling/sampling (as the Ground Disturbance Supervisor) using solid/hollow stem auger, mud/air rotary, ODEX, and coring techniques; for ground-supported (truck or track-mounted) and/or helicopter-supported drilling programs. Field work as required.
- Undertake site visits, as required to assess drilling equipment access to planned borehole locations.
- Assist with and/or take responsibility for the preparation of geotechnical reports.
- Assist with geotechnical analysis and design pertaining to facilities (pump stations, compressor stations, valve sites, etc.), in terms of foundation design and overall site development.
- Assist with geotechnical analysis as it pertains to slope stability and soil structure interaction.
- Provide previous knowledge and contribute to projects where slope stability (rock and soil) assessment is required and provide technical solutions.
- Act as project manager for various types of geotechnical scope and meet project deadlines.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Coordinate with owner representatives and engineering teams.
- Minimum of 4 years of geotechnical consulting experience with Project management experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering.
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta (APEGA) British Columbia (EGBC).
- Familiarity with pipeline construction methods required.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills.
The CCI group of Companies are a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Pipeline Design and Construction.
It has never been a better time to join our Geotechnical team at CCI. We are expanding and looking for individuals who want to drive their career forward. We have a cooperative, diverse and inviting team and are looking for people who are excited to challenge themselves and advance their career in a fast paced and positive atmosphere.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER PROJECT MANAGER"