This position is responsible for undertaking field and office work, related to geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, as well as field investigation and other field related activities. Duties will include predominately field supervision of geotechnical drilling/sampling, data analyses, assisting with the preparation of project proposals and geotechnical engineering reports.
- Houston, Tx
- Supervise geotechnical drilling/sampling (as the Ground Disturbance Supervisor) using solid/hollow stem auger, mud/air rotary and coring techniques; for ground-supported (truck or track-mounted) projects. Field work as required.
- Undertake site visits, as required to assess drilling equipment access to planned borehole locations.
- Perform installation of geotechnical instrumentation and assist with data analysis and reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of geotechnical reports for foundation or pipeline related projects.
- Assist with geotechnical analysis and design pertaining to facilities (pump stations, compressor stations, valve sites, etc.), in terms of foundation design and overall site development.
- Complete geological mapping and spatial analysis for projects in both the US and Canada
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Geotechnical Consulting experience would be considered an asset.
- Field Experience related logging and geotechnical soil sampling for engineering projects will be considered a strong asset.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, with emphasis in geotechnical engineering. Graduate degree (Masters) in geotechnical would be a strong asset.
- Registered or ability to register as an E.I.T. in Texas (TBPE) and ability to register elsewhere.
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, self starter, and have strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities.
- Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Be able to travel to remote locations and spend infrequent extended periods of time in the field (project dependent).
- Ability to review project deliverables and initiate work required to meet these deliverables.
- Safety training courses, background check and drug and alcohol testing required to work in the field. On the job training will be provided as needed.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in many types of engineering projects. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of innovative systems through collaboration among many different professionals and now is the best time to join our winning team!
CCI Core Values:
- Operate with Integrity
- Service with Intention
- Commitment Collaboration, Innovation
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan.
- CCI supports our employees with professional training and development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to advance your career within CCI’s Group of Companies.
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject "HOUSTON GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER"