Newton Reservoir Tunnelling
The Federal and Provincial Governments committed more than $250 million dollars to fund a series of Enabling Works for the Green Line LRT. Project scope includes utility relocations, land preparation, environmental remediation and transit improvements. Utilities can carry a significant amount of cost and schedule risk. Undertaking utility relocations, including electrical distribution and transmission lines, natural gas and oil pipelines in advance of Green Line construction will help manage project risks in the future.
The overall project includes a trenchless installation beneath two enclosed reservoirs launching from the east side, tunnelling to a receiving point on the west side of the reservoirs.
Tunnelling Engineering Design Scope:
- IFC Alignment and Profile Drawings
- Thrust Force Assessments
- Method Statement and Execution Plan
- Shaft & Site Design Drawings
- Crane Lifting Plans
Geotechnical Engineering Scope:
- Specification deviation requests
- Settlement & Heave Analysis
- Annular space grouting plan
- Reservoir Reinforcing Analysis