CCI has become a leader in development of wildfire prevention, management, and FireSmart projects for municipalities, industrial clients, and Indigenous communities in western Canada. You will be an integral part of helping communities, individuals, and companies build a safer future by managing wildfire risk to be healthy and resilient.
- Position is based out of our Calgary or Cochrane office
CCI has become a leader in development of FireSmart projects for municipalities, industrial facilities and Indigenous communities in western Canada. You will be an integral part of helping communities build a safer future by managing vegetation to be healthy and resilient.
As a FireSmart specialist, you will take the lead in Project Management, Planning and Implementation of a wide range of projects for a diverse client base. You will also play a significant role in the forestry group’s safety program. As an experienced developer of FireSmart projects, you will be responsible for the training of both CCI staff, Indigenous and Municipal community clients to complete office and field work.
Job responsibilities include:
- Development of FireSmart Community plans in BC and Alberta
- Development of Emergency Exercises
- Organization and/or development of cross-training opportunities
- Development and implementation of Vegetation Management projects
- Field crew management and supervision
- Proposal development and cost estimates
- Project management
- Contractor supervision
- Writing proposals
Reporting to the Forestry and Construction Operations Manager, this position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to learn from a diverse team of environmental professionals and grow your career into project management and business development.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan.
- CCI supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- This position will require both office and fieldwork, and some travel is to be expected.
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home.
- 5 years of experience developing Community FireSmart plans
- Proven experience working with Municipalities and / or Indigenous Communities.
- Experience in the outdoors hiking and using ATVs.
- Environmental education with ability to register with the AAFMP and ABCFP.
- Willingness to work in various locations throughout Alberta and BC for shifts of up to 3 weeks.
- Valid Alberta or BC Drivers License.
Other Assets (Skills & Training):
- Knowledge of Esri-based field and office products.
- A combination of fire or emergency response training.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability and certifications to teach fire response courses and / or safety courses.
- Experience developing Wildfire Threat Assessments with Prometheus and other models.
- Technical writing.
- Safety training courses required to work in the field in Alberta and BC.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation. CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 10th year in a row. We have also recently expanded our footprint by merging with Geoterra Integrated Resource Solutions in British Columbia. Now is the best time to join our winning team!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume with the subject line "FireSmart Specialist" to email@example.com