Geoterra Integrated Resource Systems Ltd. is a British Columbia-based company that provides consulting services to the natural resource sector and related industries. We are a leader in providing technical expertise and information within the industry, and we pride ourselves on providing safe, efficient, and effective services.
This is a full-time, permanent, and intermediate level forestry position for a motivated individual, keen on furthering their career in the industry. However, candidates looking for only seasonal work are encouraged to apply as well, as a mutually agreeable term may be identified.
Applicants with any level of working forestry experience are encouraged to apply.
- Immediate start
- Geoterra has an industry-leading, extended health and benefits plan.
- Company RRSP matching program.
- Health spending accounts.
- Personal field gear allowance.
- Geoterra supports our employees with professional development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- Flexible field schedules.
- Crews and trucks are well-equipped.
- This position will be primarily fieldwork including some travel and working out-of-town and may involve or develop into office work as well.
- Geoterra pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem while away from home.
- Lead crews and planning processes as required in the Kootenay area
- Assist with timber cruising and timber investigations
- Assist in cutblock, road layout and assessments
- Assist with the riparian and ecosystem assessments
- Data collection and entry
- Additional duties as required by clients or supervisors
- Positive attitude, highly organized, eagerness to learn, and a team player.
- Basic outdoor skills and general fitness.
- Willingness to work in remote locations in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work 8-12 hours/day.
- Willingness to work extended shifts and stay out-of-town for work, although this job will generally be Monday-Friday from home.
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Geoterra prides itself on offering staff a positive working environment with many opportunities for them to grow and become an integral part of our environmental services team. Self-reliant and motivated individuals will find that Geoterra offers excellent opportunities for advancement, career growth, and industry-leading wages.
Applicants with any level of working forestry experience are encouraged to apply. For candidates with more experience and capacity, different roles with higher compensation are available.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format with the subject line "Geoterra- Forestry Professional" to email@example.com