We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Construction Department. This is a field based contract position.
Summary of Position
- Act as the clients’ representative on site in a professional manner
- Review, monitor and report all applicable contract documents, codes, standards and legislation that apply to the scope of work and specifically the task being executed
- Activelyparticipates in theContractorsdailysafetymeetingsincludingJSA’sandconductCCIspecificJSAandcompleteDailyInspectionandHSEReports
- Issue and monitor work authorization permits, document complete with photographs site and work activities and collect as-built information
- Monitor the Contractor’s adherence to the Microtunnel Design and report any deviations.
- Report on rates of penetration, slurry properties, bentonite properties, pump offsets, lost circulation, face pressure targets vs. actual and adjustments to the tunnelling plan, tunnel path changes, and other operational changes during execution.
- Conduct a detailed safety checklist to ensure that the Contractors equipment meets the industry safety standards, and ensure that all equipment has the proper certifications
- Assist the Contractor in the work pad and access development including equipment towing
- Implement drilling fluid disposal method, procedures, and locations as per the Mud Disposal Plan. This will include the gathering of soil samples for sump compliance and the coordination of resources to complete the work
- Complete the Microtunnel Daily Inspection Report, Tunnelling Fluid Report, Microtunnel Steering Report on a daily basis
- Coordination of Emergency Response Plan, orientations, collection of Contractors employees training certificates and contact list
- Write and manage all Purchase Orders for the work and monitor cost including resources on site, working time, and down time
- Where required, collect samples of soils and/or cuttings for analysis
- Minimum 5 years in Microtunnel inspection or management with good working knowledge of Direct Pipe Installations
- Formal education an asset, but not required
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team! We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org