CCI and Associates Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in the fields of Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, specialized pullhead design, operation and installation stress modelling, as well as other trenchless methods such as Direct Pipe.
This position is responsible for managing project teams to successful completion of all project deliverables, related documents and coordination of project requirements. Assist with designs, conduct calculations, draft documents and complete cost estimates in accordance with industry and CCI Inc.’s codes and standards. The projects will consist of mainline pipeline and utility projects as well as trenchless new installation and replacement projects. Projects may range from small scale integrity upgrades to full scope pipeline and facility designs. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the VP of Engineering and oversee the work of junior engineers.
This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to lead a diverse team of engineering professionals and grow your career into technical positions, project management, and business development.
- This position is a full-time role beginning immediately
- This role is office based
- Oversee, supervise and mentor junior engineers
- Meeting project deadlines and quality requirements
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees.
- Assist with the completion of various project deliverables (DBM’s, cost estimates, project schedules, engineered drawings, specifications and datasheets, evaluation of construction feasibility, route evaluation and selection, process design, pipeline systems optimization)
- Quality control and checking.
- Technical coordination with various disciplines
- Maintain and grow a working knowledge of the applicable design codes and standards including CSA Z662 (latest edition), ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, etc.
- Assist with business development proposals and studies as required
- Occasional travel to site for, information gathering, as-building, pipeline route walkdowns, commissioning activities or troubleshooting tasks
- Assist in developing and standardizing templates and commonly issued project documents/calculations to improve overall efficiency of the company’s operations
- Coordinate department resources as needed. Including 3rd Party Subcontractors and Vendors where applicable.
- Maintain consistent involvement with P & F Division Manager to ensure overall coverage of department operations is enacted.
- Bachelor of ScienceDegree in Engineeringfrom an AccreditedUniversity
- Registered as Professional Engineer (PE) with TBPE and/or other state engineering board(s) required
- 6+ years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge in piping codes (ASME, API)
- Experience in design & optimization of pipeline systems, riser sites, process flow in Oil & Gas operations considered an asset
- Experience in managing small to mid size projects
- Experience with trenchless installations (HDD, auger-boring, Direct Pipe, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- An excellent communicator and team player, able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment with a positive attitude
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and take additional responsibilities
- Quality and Safety oriented mindset
Other Assets (Skills & Training)
- AutoCAD, Excel, PipeFlo software knowledge.
- Technical writing skills.
- Understanding of Annular Pressure Analysis and HDD installation stress analysis.
- Professional licensure with other state engineering bodies is a benefit.
- Safety training courses required to work in the field in is a benefit. On the job training will be provided as needed.
- CCI has an industry competitive, extended health and benefits plan.
- CCI supports our employees with professional training and development opportunities and payment of professional dues.
- CCI pays for all travel and accommodations, including per-diem, while away from home
- Flexible work environment with opportunities to advance your career within CCI’s Group of Companies.
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation and Paid Time Off
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit resumes to email@example.com.